Wood Casework, Wood Lab Casework and Wood Lab Cabinets
Wood Casework Adds Warmth and Professionalism to Your Lab
LDS Wood Casework offers a warm, professional look for your laboratory. Doors and drawers overlap the cabinet face ¼” on all sides to provide a dust-resistant interior. Base cabinets are rigidly constructed with the strongest, most advanced joinery methods utilizing bored, doweled, dadoed, glued and screwed construction.
The hinges on our wood lab cabinets are heavy-duty, institutional 5-knuckle units made from .095” thick, chrome-plated mild steel. Drawer slides are electrostatically epoxy powder coated cold rolled steel, heavy-duty side-mounted with a 150 pound load capacity.
Our wood casework is a good choice for many laboratory applications. Under normal use and service, a three-year warranty from defect in materials and workmanship applies for our wood lab casework.
Reasons to Choose Wood Casework:
- Cost effective compared to metal, phenolic, stainless and polypropylene
- Generally long-lasting
- Wood adds a degree of warmth to any sterile lab environment
- Choices range from maple and oak to vertical and horizontal grain matching looks
- Many finishes from which to choose
- LEED project compliant–Chain of Custody from the forest through the manufacturing process
- Looks great with all types of countertops including epoxy, phenolic and stainless steel
- SEFA Certified Manufacturing Processes
- AWI Certified Manufacturing
- Square edge, lipped construction or 3mm edging options
- Wood will exhibit color changes over time through a natural variation process
- Time-honored construction techniques include doweled and glued end panels
- Mortise and tenon side panels
- 3/4″ or 1″ thick shelving options
- Three point latching systems on all tall case doors
- Dovetailed drawer bodies on all four corners
Our wood lab casework door and drawer configurations are available for download in pdf format: wood lab casework.