Custom Polypropylene Countertop for Labs Dealing with Acidic Materials
LDS offers a wide array of custom polypropylene countertop from which to choose. Polypropylene is hands down the very best countertop material if your environment is acid-rich.
Entire TRACE METALS ANALYSIS laboratories may be specified as having NO EXPOSED METALS in any of your equipment and polypropylene casework.
All “hardware” including door hinges, latches, drawer suspension systems, handles and plumbing accessories are made from polypropylene. “Scratch-resistant, corrosion-resistant” polypropylene worksurfaces are unique to our line of casework.
All workmanship and components are designed and built in accordance with the SEFA standard of construction for the laboratory casework industry.
Industries Commonly Using Polypropylene Countertop:
- Trace metals
- Clean room applications
- Blood science
- Battery and acid science
- Food science
Benefits of Acid Resistant Polypropylene Countertop:
- It does not absorb water like other plastics.
- It does not mold or otherwise deteriorate in the presence of bacteria, mold or other elements.
- Newer versions contain an elastic element to them. This gives them a rubber-like composition and opens the door for new uses.
- It is unlikely to shatter and will take significant damage prior to breaking, though it is not as sturdy as other plastics such as polyethylene.
- It is lightweight and very flexible.
Understanding polypropylene is important because it is significantly different from other types of materials. Its properties allow it to be effective in any situation in which a non-staining and non-toxic solution is necessary.
It has a low level of electrical conductivity as well. This allows it to be highly effective in electronic products and for clean room applications.