Ductless Fume Hoods
Ductless Fume Hoods for Safe, Precise Handling and Weighing of Powders
DUCTLESS TECHNOLOGY:The Eco-friendly Choice
Advanced carbon filtration technology offers a safe, high performance alternative to conventional ducted fume hoods for a broad range of applications.
- Environmental Benefits. LabDS ductless fume hoods isolate and trap chemical vapors to prevent ecological impact through release into the environment.
- Versatile. Each filtration system is selected for its specific application. The Multiplex Filter broadens the range of applications. Carbon filters are available in more than 14 configurations for use with vapors or organic solvents, acids, mercury and formaldehyde. HEPA/ULPA filters can add to biological safety.
- Easy to Install. The ductless fume hood is self-contained and does not require venting to the outside. Many units are portable and may be moved from one location to the next with minimal downtime and without filter changes. Set-up, operation and filter maintenance are straightforward.
- Energy Efficient. Because filtered air is returned to the room, no demands are required of the facility HVAC capacity for make-up air.
- Cost Effective. Facility ductwork, HVAC and construction costs are eliminated.
- Safe to Use. Cabinet airflow and face velocity protect users from incidental exposures to fumes.
- Self testing. (selected models) Electronic air-flow monitoring assures continuous safety. An electronic gas sensor monitors carbon filter performance.
A. Filter I.D. Window: A strategically placed front cover window shows the installed filter part number and installation date for convenience and to encourage timely filter replacement.
B. Air Velometer: (Optional) An analog air velocity meter in the field of vision of the user.
C. Hinged Front Sash: When closed, the cabinet sash protects the contents from inadvertent external contact, and better isolates the air within. The sash is easy to open and close.
D. Control Panel: Electronic controls and displays include switches for the blower and low airflow alarm.
E. Steel Support Frame: The chemical resistant epoxy coated steel frame adds mechanical strength. Optional all polypropylene construction is available if desired; see Accessories.
F. Electrostatic Pre-Filter: The 99.5% effective electrostatic pre-filter is accessible from inside the chamber to contain the release of any particulates that it traps. The pre-filter can be changed while the unit is operating to prevent operator exposure to chemical vapors.
G. Pass Through Ports: Electrical cords and cables are safely routed into the cabinet through ports on the back and side walls.
H. Color: The cabinet is white with blue trim; side and back panels are clear.
I. Airflow Alarm: A continuous air velocity monitoring system alerts the operator upon unacceptable values.
J. Internal Manual Speed Controller: Authorized personnel may set the centrifugal fan motor speed as desired.
K. Stand: Optional mobile cart with locking casters.
L. Work Surface: The internal work surface can be fitted with an optional polypropylene tray; see Accessories.
M. Filter Door Key: Filter access keys prevent unauthorized removal or accidental exposure to dirty filters.
360 Degree Visibility: Clear back and side panels allow ambient illumination into the chamber and provide users with an unobstructed view of its contents.
Standards Compliant: Performance specifications and construction meet or exceed OSHA, ANSI and relevant international standards to assure operator safety.
Construction: All models are available in either metal or polypropylene construction. See selection chart for specifications and dimensions. Specify metal or polypropylene when ordering. Available in 110V, 60Hz or 220V, 50Hz models.
Steel Support Frame: The chemical resistant epoxy coated steel frame adds mechanical strength. Optional all polypropylene construction is available if desired.